Follow us online
City Clerk

Voter Info And Forms





Please contact the clerk's office to have an Absentee Application sent to you or fill it out at the Clerk's office and receive your ballot at the same time or call 734-281-4240

The City of Riverview is looking for people interested in becoming a Precinct Chair or Co-Chair and Laptop Precinct Worker.  It is required that you have a little experience on how to work a computer laptop and be fluent in typing.  You will be trained through two classes for the opening and closing of a precinct as well as for the running of the precinct on election day.  This is not a voluntary position you will receive and hourly rate of pay for training as well as election day.  This is an important position in which we need reliable people who want our elections to be conducted per regulations.  Some of our current chairs who have worked for years are retiring and would like to hand down these responsibilities to younger civic minded resident voters (or non-residents).  Please contact the City Clerk at 734.281.4241 or if you are interested.  The Clerk's department is always available to assist chairs and precinct workers with any thing that comes up during an election day which they might not have the answer to as well as seasoned precinct workers who will assist their chairs.

DO YOU WANT TO BECOME AN PRECINCT WORKER?  Click on the link below for the State of Michigan Training Videos for what your responsibilities might be if working at a polling place.
MigovBOE - YouTube



Residents can register to vote in-person at the Clerk’s Office during regular business hours through 8 pm on Election Day. Voters registering to vote in-person during the last 14 days prior to an Election will be required to provide proof of residency.

Voters who have moved within Riverview can update their address at any Secretary of State Branch Office, online, or in-person at the Clerk’s Office. 


Ballot marking devices are available to all voters with special accommodations for hearing, visual, physical and other disabilities. This provides voters the opportunity to independently vote a ballot in complete privacy. This terminal marks the voter’s selections on paper that becomes their ballot. Voters can select their choices using a touch screen. Personal adaptives may also be used to assist voters in making their selections. The completed ballot is then fed into a tabulator, which scans and records the votes. 

Any voter may also obtain an absentee ballot for any election. To request an application for absentee ballot be mailed to you for all future elections, please click the link below: 


Every Michigan voter who offers to vote at the polls must show picture identification or sign an affidavit attesting they are not in possession of picture identification. (MCL 168.523)

Voters can satisfy the ID requirement by showing a Michigan driver’s license or a Michigan personal identification card. Voters who do not possess either document may show any of the following forms of picture ID as long as it is current:

  • Driver’s license or personal ID card from another state
  • Federal or state government-issued photo ID
  • U.S. passport
  • Military identification card with photo
  • Student identification card with photo
  • Tribal identification card with photo

IMPORTANT - Voters without ID will not be turned away on Election Day. Michigan Election law anticipates not all voters will have picture ID. Voters who do not have acceptable picture ID can vote like any other voter by signing an affidavit. 


New Ballot Drop Box on Police Department Flag Court in front of City Hall.   PLEASE ENTER COURT ON YOUR LEFT AND EXIT ON YOUR RIGHT, Thank You!

Riverview Drive Through Ballot Drop Box at City Hall Flag Court 


There will be four Absentee County Boards sequestered and spaced out who follow protocol for complete anonymity of your ballot.  The following is the process of each counting board where opposite party workers are required for the checks and balances of each counting board (All election inspectors sequestered are required to take an oath and also submit their cell phones to the Clerk before entering sequestered area):
                                           Absentee Boards Processing of Ballots:
Station 1: Slits the voter's envelope, checks the ballot stub to the ballot number on the envelope and removes the ballot sleeve with the ballot inside without viewing the ballot and deposits it into Station 2  container which is opposite and staggered from Station 1. (In the case where the voter forgets to return the ballot sleeve, the Station 1 inspector turns over the envelope with the voter's name and has the inspector at Station 2 remove the ballot to maintain anonymity and places it in a secrecy sleeve.
Station 2: The person at station 2 removes the ballot, removes the stub flattens the ballots and places it into Station 3 container.  Checks ballot for voter corrections and deposits it in Station 3 to be tabulated
Station 3: Ballots are tabulated as witnessed by all present.
The Clerk is required by Election Law to post the number of all ballots delivered to the absentee board when  at the opening of the counting process.  The Clerk is also required to post all additional absentee ballots returned throughout the day by 8:00 PM, so that the total ballots tabulated match the total number delivered.  (Exception:  Ballots without the voter's signature.)  

When marking your Ballots:    If voter makes this mistake, please come to the clerk's office to spoil your ballot and receive a new one.  If the voter cannot make it to the Clerk's office, contact the clerk for further direction.

If you are interested in becoming an election inspector in the precincts or the absentee board, please fill out the application at the following link and send it to the City Clerk at

Election Inspector Application
Posted September 20, 2020
Voter Registration Form Michigan



Qualified Registered Voters and Students from 16-18 years of age may work as an election inspector in a precinct if the criteria of 3 certified precinct inspectors, who are qualified registered voters of at least two political parties, are appointed to the precinct. Training sessions are mandatory for certification. If you would like to work in the three elections, please download the Election Inspector Application below or come in and talk to the City Clerk (Monday-Friday 9-5). Inspectors are paid 2023 Minimum wage as follows: $10.10 PER HR (6:00 AM UNTIL THE POLL IS CLOSED or (6:00 AM to 2:00 PM or 2:00 PM to Close of Poll) plus Hrly rate for 2 hr training. Computer knowledge is a plus, but not necessary.  Chairs (13.10/hr and Co-Chairs 13.10/hr, Electronic Poll Book Worker 11.10/hr)

Absentee Voter Application (NO REASON APPLICATION  - Any registered voter who would like to be added to our Permanent Absentee Ballot List to receive an Absentee Voter Application before each election, please call (734) 281-4240 or if you drop by city hall, just drop in and state that you want to be added to the AV List.

Absentee Voter Application List Request you can fill out the request and drop it off or mail it to the clerk's office or call.

Change of Address Form

Federal identification Requirement at Polls

Federal Post Card Application Absentee Ballot Request

Federal Post Card Applications and Instructions


MOVE Voter Certificate

Precinct Delegate Write in Intent Form  

Spoiled Absentee Ballot Form  If you lost, accidentally misplaced or never received your absentee ballot, fill out this form and return it or fax it or email it to the Clerk's office and we will send you a new ballot.  If you are on the Permanent Absentee Ballot Mailing List and you have not received your ballot within three weeks prior to the election, please contact the clerk's office at 734-281-4240 so that we may insure that you receive your ballot. Your request must be made in WRITING ONLY, by a recently enacted state law.  We can no longer fill your request by telephone.

Surrender Absentee Ballot Form  

  • If you have received your Absentee Ballot and then change your mind and decide to vote at the polling place, fill out this form and download it and bring it to your precinct along with your ballot to surrender it. 
  • If on election day, you have voted your absentee ballot and decide you want to change your vote and haven't returned it yet, you may surrender that ballot at the precinct polling place and vote at the precinct.
  • If on election day, you find that you received a ballot but misplaced it, fill out the form and bring it to your precinct.  The poll worker will confirm with the clerk's office that it was not returned before proceeding to issue you a ballot at the precinct.

Withdrawal of Candidacy Form

Withdrawal of Precinct Delegate Candidacy Form

Riverview's YouTube channel